Charles creates compelling, immersive, and human-centered digital experiences in collaboration with innovative companies and influential cultural institutions.
- Email:loveyust [AT] gmail [DOT] com
how to buy Pregabalin from canada Conscientious Leadership – Serve as head of the technology team in the frog San Francisco studio – driving business development efforts as well as team mentorship and studio management. Lead multidisciplinary teams through complex client engagements, drive technical workstreams and grow the XR practice at frog.
Hermosillo Emerging Technology Software Development and Prototyping – Develop production code, build emerging tech prototypes and design application architecture for institutions, start-ups and enterprise clients across mobile, web, mixed reality platforms and immersive spatial environments.
Strategic Guidance for Digital Product and Design – Lead technical research and strategy for clients to support product decision making and approaches for new initiatives. Outcomes of these efforts can range from product feature prioritization across business, technical and user considerations to technical roadmaps and architectural design.
I have spoken at numerous conferences and events since the early 2000s, including internationally. Below are some more recent speaking engagements and articles.
- Capgemini Future Sight Podcast 2022: Enter a New Reality with Immersive Experiences
- frog DesignMind 2020: Extended Realities Become Reality
- SF Design Week 2020 Panelist: Inclusive Experiences
- frog DesignMind 2020: Designing for Inclusive Experiences
- SF Design Week 2019 + frog 50: SFMOMA Interpretive Gallery
- SXSW 2019: Art Museums as Spaces of Digital Play
- frog DesignMind 2019: Art Museums as Spaces of Digital Play
- XRDC 2018: Mixed Reality and Magritte
- XD Immersive 2018: IKEA’s AR Shopping Experience
- frog DesignMind 2016: Virtual Reality for Pain Reduction
Sep 2021 – Present, San Francisco
- Serve as head of the technology team in the frog San Francisco studio. Drive business development efforts resulting in multi-million dollar revenues annually while guiding team and studio management.
- Lead multidisciplinary product design teams through complex client engagements that deliver impactful and innovative results for clients. Contribute to the wider organization as an emerging technology, immersive experience and XR subject matter expert to support client engagements across North America.
Jul 2019 – Oct 2021, San Francisco
- Led product design teams and served as a technical lead on large multidisciplinary engagements across industry verticals to deliver product insights, design research, technical strategy, and product delivery for client initiatives on tight timelines.
- Helped grow global XR and immersive design capabilities at frog and contributed to thought leadership through numerous articles and speaking engagements including SXSW 2019 resulting in increased brand awareness in these domains.
Jul 2014 – Jul 2019, San Francisco
- Led the team and software development of an immersive exhibit for the 2018 Magritte exhibition at SFMOMA that appealed to audiences in new ways.
- Designed architecture for product and technology solutions that provided the foundation for multiyear future concept initiatives for a leading grocer.
- Led the AR/VR technology capability resulting in the first ARKit enabled demo for the IKEA Place app to demonstrate the differentiated features of ARKit for WWDC 2017.
- Conducted design and technology research to obtain customer insights and data that guided product development for numerous clients.
- Developed software in a range of languages, and built emerging technology prototypes for Fortune 500 clients and startups, including black projects for multiple FAANG companies, edge computing AR for a global telecom, and derived new use cases for the LSS sensor invented by Rambus.
- Led the development of VR Care, a low-cost VR pain distraction experience for burn patients that delivered a software and hardware solution at low-cost and was open-sourced and made available to the public and received recognition in multiple press outlets including Fast Company.
Mar 2009 – Jun 2014, New York City
- Designed and developed interactive multi-touch and gesture-based exhibits for museums and spatial environments in C++/OpenGL, openFrameworks, AS3/AIR, 3D Development, PHP, MySQL, iPhone/iPad SDK, and Kinect Sensor that launched in production environments and were used by thousands of visitors in each case.
- Contributed toward concept development for museum exhibits, interface/interaction design and R&D prototyping which introduced Kinect sensor development for gestural exhibits and C++/OpenGL development which increased performance and installation screen size.
- Client work includes the NASA – Kennedy Space Center Space Shuttle Atlantis Museum, Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, Army Core of Engineers, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, NASCAR Hall of Fame, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles, Sony, AAM Conferences (‘09, ‘10, ’11), Dallas Children’s Medical Center, Western Union, PIMCO, New York Historical Society, General Electric, National Geographic, Liberty Science Center, The Ben Franklin Institute, The National WWII Museum.
Jan 2000 – Jan 2012, New York City & Minneapolis
- Designed and developed numerous websites for clients including the UMN Design Institute, Nandinee Phookan Architects, FAZE Apparel, and the NY motion graphics company Leroy + Clarkson. Also developed various interactive installations and mobile applications.
- Developed the interface in Flex/AS3 for a Python-based data-visualization tool that connects research terms with faculty and courses taught across the New School University.
Oct 2006 – May 2010, New York City
- Co-taught a graduate-level interface design collaboration studio in partnership with JP Morgan (Fall 08) and Ennead Architects (Spring 10).
- Taught the web-design section of the graduate-level Bootcamp course for incoming graduate students to the MFADT program.
- Developed socially-conscious gaming prototypes and game-learning concepts while working in the MacArthur-funded Prototype Evaluation Testing and Learning Lab (PETLab) – http://petlab.parsons.edu.
- Responsible for design consulting on behalf of the DT department for university-wide initiatives.
Sep 2008 – Dec 2008, New York City
- Built infrared light-pens for an interactive table installation, installed an interactive architectural model, and developed a Python application that could sequence videos on multiple screens for an installation in the United States Holocaust Museum.
- Contributed toward conceptual design and development solutions.
May 2007 – Jun 2007, Gaborone, Botswana
- Worked as a multi-media consultant and designer for BONELA, a Gaborone-based NGO.
- Designed posters, coordinated photo shoots, and developed other print material that informed the citizenry in Botswana about treatment literacy for HIV-AIDS.
Dec 2000 – Aug 2006, Minneapolis
- Designed micro sites and additional enhancements to the college web site.
- Administered college identity elements, and administered an Active Directory Network/Windows Server 2003.
- Coordinated technology support and purchasing for College of Design faculty and staff
- Handled merger of College of Architecture, and Department of Design Housing and Apparel technology networks for the formation of the College of Design at the University of Minnesota.
Instructor, Minneapolis College of Art and Design
Jun 2005 – Aug 2005, Minneapolis
- Taught the course, Design for the Web, instructing interdisciplinary students about designing web media covering html through advanced Flash topics.
Graduated with Honors
BS Computer Science
Minors in Math, Design
Barack Obama Foundation • Oculus • Marriott • IKEA • Apple • SFMOMA • Google • Deutsche Telekom • Playworks • AGL • TIAA • Rambus • Complete Genomics • Chicago Museum of Science and Industry • Army Core of Engineers • Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond • NASCAR Hall of Fame • Natural History Museum of Los Angeles • Sony • Dallas Children’s Medical Center • Western Union • New York Historical Society • GE • National Geographic • NASA Kennedy Space Center • Liberty Science Center • The Ben Franklin Institute • The National WWII Museum • U.S. Holocaust Museum • The National WWI Museum